Campaign for an Iraq War Inquiry (ABRN 162 022 979) is seeking donations from the general public to support the implementation of its media strategy in pursuit of the following objectives:
- To campaign for an inquiry into the steps which led to Australia participating in the invasion of Iraq, for the purposes of identifying the lessons to be learned and of developing better procedures for the future.
- To promote public awareness of the procedures required by current law for the deployment of the Australian Defence Force into international armed conflicts, and of the risks involved in the current arrangements.
- To campaign for the involvement of the Commonwealth Parliament in any future deployment of the Australian Defence Force into international armed conflict.
Please consider donating an amount you are comfortable with to help bring greater integrity to the most important decision our national government ever makes.
You can do this in one of two ways:
- By cheque payable to: ‘Campaign for an Iraq War Inquiry’, and forwarded to the Hon Treasurer (Andrew Farran), c/- PO Box 7389, Beaumaris, Vic. 3193; or
- Direct deposit or electronic transfer to the Campaign for an Iraq War Inquiry bank account at NAB’s 300 Collins Street Branch:
A/c No: 14-992-1270.
If you contribute funds by direct deposit or electronic transfer, please send an email to email@example.com giving your name, address and amount credited so that we may send you a receipt.
Your donation will be very much appreciated. It goes without saying that we receive no assistance from government for this important campaign and the scale of the effort we can mount is entirely dependent upon the support we receive from the general public.